This blog is a deep dive into the depths of my eternal soul. By reading these blogs you will be given a window into the very being of me.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Last Blog

When I came into this subject I had no idea what to expect. I knew that the class would have actors, designers, proddies and multimedia people. I found the interaction with these people very interesting as they think about the problems we encounted in a different way to me. It was great to have the groups on a level playing field, however as a proddie I felt that the others thought that we somehow knew more about what to do with the projects as a whole. However as we started to edit the actors in my doco group were able to help out quite a bit.

I learned a lot of interesting things in this subject, from practical three-point lighting to the director-actor relationship. One of the most beneficial things I found in the subject was the use of examples in the lectures. These showed the things we were learning in class being used (or miss-used) in a real commercial situation like the use of the Odessa Steps sequence. The last two classes were very interesting. I felt the second last class was very much geared towards actors, however the last class I found very helpful and insightful. It gave me a new respect for actors and their craft. It also helped me understand the role of a director in a dramatic performance.

In respect to the blog process, I found it very helpful because it made me think about different aspects of storytelling and the technical aspects that go into it. If I could make one suggestion with the blogs it would be that there should be a topic set each week as well as a personal reflection. I had great fun in the course and now feel I have a much better grasp on how to translate ideas onto tape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home